Junior Board Lights the Way
Tempted to see teenagers as screen-obsessed and self-absorbed? Josselyn’s 25-member strong Junior Board refutes that image. The Junior Board is comprised of high school students who are passionate about mental health issues, committed to combatting stigma, and engaged with The Josselyn Center's mission to provide comprehensive care for those in need.
The Junior Board’s goals are to:
- Help de-stigmatize mental illness
- Raise much needed funds to support teen mental health
- Understand more about mental health issues and challenges
- Have fun and meet new people
The Junior Board is kicking 2019 off by planning big events, and we can’t wait to join them!
- On March 2nd, a fundraiser at the Rock House in Wilmette will bring youth and adults together to socialize, bid on auction items, and support community mental health.
- On May 11th, the Party in the Parking Lot and Junior Board Walk/Run will include a 5K in Erickson Woods ending at The Josselyn Center in Northfield for a fun themed event with multiple activities for people of all ages.