To create a safe place for participants to process their feelings about their experiences as a first-generation Latino(a) and normalize experiences with other group participants.
- Participant Details – Open to Josselyn clients who are first generation Latinos, age 18-23, who have immigrant parents/caregivers and who are struggling to acculturate to their caregivers’ cultural Latino background.
- Date & Time – Meets via Zoom on alternating Tuesdays at 2 pm. This is a 8-week group beginning July 25. If more than two sessions are missed, participants may be removed from the group.
- Framework – Group members will:
- Learn assertive communication skills to engage in conversations about cultural norms and traditions
- Explore intergenerational trauma and cultural barriers that interfere with interpersonal relationships
- Learn how to navigate the transitions of being a young Latino(a) adult
- Facilitators – Maribel Belen-Figueroa, LSW, and Monica Carrasco, LSW
To learn more about this group, please speak with your Josselyn therapist.