May CE Workshop
For Josselyn Staff
Aging and Addiction
- Presenter: Marcy Wilroy, DSW, LCSW, CADC
- Thursday, May 25, 11 am – 2 pm
- Virtual via Teams
- Free for Josselyn staff
- 3 CEUs will be offered
- Learn the latest statistics regarding aging and addictions
- Identify the signs and symptoms of addiction in older adults and complications related to the normal aging process.
- Discuss how diagnostic criteria/treatment modalities may or may not fully apply to aging adults
- Learn wellness strategies for older adults with addictions
Space is limited. Registration will close by 1 pm on Wednesday, May 24 and participants will receive a Teams link via email.
Marcy Wilroy, DSW, LCSW, CADC, has been a social worker for over 20 years! She received her bachelor’s social work degree from the University of Mississippi, where she then began a career in many avenues of the health care industry, including long term care, rehabilitation hospitals, hospice, adolescent self-esteem issues, and helping individuals that have received a challenging medical diagnosis. Her master’s degree followed from Aurora University, where she earned her doctorate as well.
Marcy is currently a faculty member at Loyola University Chicago, where she is the director of the CADC Specialization Certificate. She has extensive experience working with persons who might be experiencing depression, anxiety, grief and loss, addictions, dealing with the aging process, (the caretaker stress as well as the aging individual), DUI treatment, adolescents with behavior issues, family dynamics, couples, and marriage issues.