Part-Time Accounting Manager
The Josselyn Center is looking for a part-time (18 hours/week) Accounting Manager. Key responsibilities will include:
- Verify, post, and reconcile transactions weekly
- Execute month-end and year-end closing processes
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts
- Review monthly GL and actual to budget
- Prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Process monthly allocations
- Preparing month-end financial reports
- Assist in budgeting process
- Organize, maintain, and access data for various projects
- Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Update payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department.
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes
- Complete full-cycle Accounts Payable process
- Reconcile and enter vouchers
- Process payables bi-monthly, more if necessary
- Maintain payable documentation
- Communicate with vendors and internal personnel to reconcile any discrepancies or conflicts
Skills and Technical Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience
- QuickBooks and external payroll processing – 5 years experience preferred
- Attention to detail/thoroughness
- Vendor Relationships
- PC Proficiency: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Strong Verbal Communication